We’ll work with you as your ‘people partner’, using our professional expertise to help you and your managers spot and address issues, ahead of time.
OUR HR SUPPORT SERVICES
Being commercially aware ourselves means that we understand the importance of ‘bottom line’, and we believe that we are ‘enablers’ in terms of making sure that we support your business’s performance through its people to enhance and improve that performance.
Our experience stretches across transport & logistics; manufacturing & ICT; hospitality and leisure in the private sector to working in the public and third sectors, so we have it all covered! Our simple, cost-effective HR starter pack (our Launch HR Package) ensures that you are fully compliant with the latest employment legislation, or you can enjoy the benefits of a retainer package (our Cruise HR Package) where a fixed monthly fee provides you with ongoing access to all our services at any time, both on site and by email or telephone. You might want to pay as you go or work with us on a project basis and that’s fine too. Go to our ‘Pricing’ page where you’ll find full details of all of our packages and prices.
Absent employees cause disruption and cost to your business – but having a clear policy in place and the ability to manage the range of different absences that can occur help to minimise the risk.
Our support will:
- Provide you with a suitable, bespoke policy
- Provide clear and consistent guidance on how to manage absence effectively whether it is sickness, stress, mental health issues, maternity or paternity
- Identify and measure absence trends using tools such as the Bradford Factor
- Support you throughout the absence of employees including appropriate letters and meetings, maternity packs, GP and occupational health assessments, phased returns, reasonable adjustment advice, etc.
Performance Management & Appraisal
Growth and success rely heavily on having a motivated team focused on reaching the business’s goals. Sometimes employees’ performance dips for a number of reasons including health or personal issues, poor understanding of what’s required of them in their role, lack of support, etc., etc. But it’s also important to recognise and reward good performance too and to encourage optimum performance from the team.
Our support will:
- Help you create bespoke capability and performance improvement policies
- Provide you with a relevant performance appraisal scheme together with training for managers on how to best manage performance throughout the year
- Offer alternatives to a formal performance appraisal scheme
Discipline & Grievance Issues
Employees don’t always behave in the way you’d expect and they sometimes fall short of your standards, which can involve you spending a good deal of management time dealing with the fall-out, whether it be investigating a conduct issue or handling a grievance.
Our support will:
- Ensure that you have up-to-date disciplinary and grievance policies in place
- Provide training for you and your managers so that you are fully equipped to conduct investigations and disciplinary processes with confidence
- Advise you on any risks and the range of reasonable outcomes available to you
- Assist you by being present at meetings
- Create suitable letters, reports and forms
Restructuring & Redundancy
Restructuring due to a requirement to downsize has become all too common in recent times and can be challenging and really uncomfortable for everyone involved. Redundancy changes employees’ lives, therefore as their employer, you have a duty to treat your employees with dignity and respect. It is also a process which requires to be conducted fairly and in line with current legislation so that unnecessary stress and unfair dismissal claims can be avoided.
We combine our expertise and experience to ensure that you have:
- A clear and concise policy and procedure
- Relevant and timely consultation
- Suitable and legally compliant letters
- Guidance every step of the way from start to finish
- A free outplacement service for redundees
Some of our clients recognise trade unions, and with our extensive experience in dealing with trade unions both in the public and private sector, we make it our business to build strong trade union partnerships when we first get involved. Open and transparent ‘cards on the table’ dialogue works well and prepares the way for any future challenges to be met and discussed in a frank and constructive way.
Conflict can occur in any employment relationship and if left unchecked, can escalate quickly. Mediation is a voluntary tool businesses can use to resolve disagreements and although it can be helpful, it is certainly not a ‘quick fix’ and requires sensitive and skilful handling.
Our consultants are experienced mediators with a high success rate and we’d be happy to provide you with support, advice and guidance in this area.
OUR SUPPORT PACKAGES
OTHER HR SERVICES